Level 2: 9-11 March 2018; Blue Steel Ranch, Logan NM
The LVL2 course is designed to bridge the gap between a LVL1 and LVL3 shooter. What this means,(while it may sound obvious…) is that first and foremost we are going to evaluate, coach, and fine-tune all of the basics. All while adding more advanced skills such as additional positional shooting skills, advanced data management and more in-depth wind doping skills. These blocks of shooting and instruction are primarily in the field with very little class room time. If you’re not sure if this is the rite course for you feel free to contact us, we are happy to help you place yourself in the class that best fits your skill/experience level.
Topics stressed during this LVL2 course
- Advanced Data Management and Ballistics
- Intermediate Positional Shooting (both natural terrain and man-made barriers)
- Advanced wind correction techniques
- Reading splash (more accurately determining Exactly where your hits and misses are going)
- Time management and efficiency
- Basics reinforcement coaching on all LVL1 training topics, fine tuning the edge
- A zeroed rifle and basic data
- Solid understanding of ballistic software
- Ability to zero a rifle and shoot a 1 MOA or smaller group from the prone position
- Familiarity with your scope such that you can find and engage a target in less than one minute
Physical difficulty level: Low to Moderate
- Notebook, calculator, pens and or pencils
- 300 rounds of match grade ammunition capable of producing 1MOA or better accuracy (you may bring more is you desire but this is the projected minimum)
- Zeroed weapon - Zero’s will be checked before course can progress. If you don’t know how to zero, no worries, we will teach you.
- Bolt Action or Semi Auto Rifle capable of 1MOA or better accuracy. Recommended calibers between .223 and .338 with a maximum muzzle velocity of 3200 ft/s
- Rifle scope with subtended reticle and target turrets.
- Bipod and sand sock (loaner sand socks are available during the course)
- Eye and ear protection.
- Ruck sack capable of holding all shooting equipment, lunch, clothing and incidentals.
- Some rental equipment will be available but please coordinate this with us prior to the first day of training. Equipment available includes but is not limited to: rifles, scopes, slings, ammunition, bipods, sand socks, and ruck sacks.
- Recommended: Class will be held in field conditions so plan and be prepared for the unpredictable weather. Suggested packing list includes, but is not limited to: Shooting sticks or equivalent, sun screen, water, food, gloves, layered clothing, baseball or boonie cap, rain gear, knee and elbow pads, etc. Seating is limited & capped; based on a first come first served basis via website enrollments
- COST: $995
- Questions or Comments; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (910) 257-0848
- DATES: See drop down at the top of the screen
- LOCATION: Blue Steel Ranch, Logan NM (students will be sent directions prior to the course)
* Tuition INCLUDES all range fees and instruction
Onsite housing is available for training at the Blue Steel Ranch (Logan, NM) Bunk House for $200 per shooter for the duration of the 3 day class (Thursday 6PM through 5PM Sunday). If you are interested in staying at the bunk house please coordinate this with us prior to training. Email email@example.com or 910-257-0848.
Although we strive to provide an accurate representation of the product via description and photos; all pictures are for illustrative purposes only. Photos displayed on this website may be different variants, colors, or contain optional items that are not included in the default configuration of that item.