Level 3: 12-14 April 2019; Blue Steel Ranch, Logan NM
The LVL3 courses are deigned to take the shooter with a solid foundation and moderate to advanced skills to the next level. The entire 3 days will be spent in the field shooting and largely scenario driven.
Topics stressed during this course:
- Advanced Wind Correction Techniques on changing courses of fire
- Advanced Positional Shooting for both natural and barrier shooting
- Equipment Shake out and Streamlining
- Efficiency coaching
- Competition Preparation
- Advanced time management and speed shooting
- Self-sufficiency with both zeroing and ballistic data management
- Ability to engage five known-distance targets in two minutes
- Baseline understanding of wind indicators and correction
Physical difficulty level: Low to Moderate
- Notebook, calculator, pens and or pencils
- 300 rounds of match grade ammunition capable of producing 1MOA or better accuracy (you may bring more if you desire but this is the projected minimum)
- Zeroed weapon - Zero’s will be checked before course can progress. If you don’t know how to zero, no worries, we will teach you.
- Bolt Action or Semi Auto Rifle capable of 1MOA or better accuracy. Recommended calibers between .223 and .338 with a maximum muzzle velocity of 3200 ft/s
- Rifle scope with subtended reticle and target turrets.
- Bipod and sand sock (loaner sand socks are available during the course)
- Eye and ear protection.
- Ruck sack capable of holding all shooting equipment, lunch, clothing and incidentals.
- Some rental equipment will be available but please coordinate this with us prior to the first day of training. Equipment available includes but is not limited to: rifles, scopes, slings, ammunition, bipods, sand socks, and ruck sacks.
- Recommended: Class will be held in field conditions so plan and be prepared for the unpredictable weather. Suggested packing list includes, but is not limited to: Shooting sticks or equivalent, sun screen, water, food, gloves, layered clothing, baseball or boonie cap, rain gear, knee and elbow pads, etc. Seating is limited & capped; based on a first come first served basis via website enrollments
- COST: $995
- Questions or Comments; Email: email@example.com Phone: (910) 257-0848
- DATES: See drop down at the top of the screen
- LOCATION: Blue Steel Ranch, Logan NM (students will be sent directions prior to the course)
* Tuition INCLUDES all range fees and instruction
On-site housing is available for training at the Blue Steel Ranch (Logan, NM) Bunk House for $200 per shooter for the duration of the 3 day class (Thursday 6PM through 5PM Sunday). If you are interested in staying at the bunk house please coordinate this with us prior to training. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 910-257-0848.
Although we strive to provide an accurate representation of the product via description and photos; all pictures are for illustrative purposes only. Photos displayed on this website may be different variants, colors, or contain optional items that are not included in the default configuration of that item.