The LVL2 course is designed to bridge the gap between a LVL1 and LVL3 shooter. In order to do this, we first evaluate, coach, and fine-tune all of the basics. Once that is set, we gradually introduce more advanced skills, such as additional positional shooting skills, advanced data management, and more in-depth wind doping skills. These blocks of shooting and instruction are primarily in the field with very little classroom time. If you’re unsure which level of class is for you, feel free to contact us. We are happy to help you place yourself in the class that best fits your skill/experience level.
- Advanced Data Management and Ballistics
- Intermediate Positional Shooting (both natural terrain and man-made barriers)
- Advanced wind correction techniques
- Reading splash (determining exactly where your hits and misses are going)
- Time management and efficiency
- Basics reinforcement coaching on all LVL1 training topics, fine tuning the edge
- A zeroed rifle and basic data
- Solid understanding of ballistic software
- Ability to zero a rifle and shoot a 1 MOA or smaller group from the prone position
- Familiarity with your scope such that you can find and engage a target in less than one minute
Physical difficulty level: Low to Moderate
- Notebook, calculator, pens and or pencils
- 300 rounds of match grade ammunition capable of producing 1MOA or better accuracy (you may bring more is you desire but this is the projected minimum)
- Zeroed weapon - Zeroes will be checked before the course can progress. If you don’t know how to zero, no worries! We will teach you.
- Bolt Action or Semi-Auto Rifle capable of 1MOA or better accuracy. Recommended calibers between .223 and .338 with a maximum muzzle velocity of 3200 ft/s
- Rifle scope with subtended reticle and target turrets.
- Bipod and sand sock (loaner sand socks are available during the course)
- Eye and ear protection
- Ruck sack capable of holding all shooting equipment, lunch, clothing and incidentals.
- Some rental equipment will be available, but please coordinate this with us prior to the first day of training. Equipment available includes, but is not limited to: rifles, scopes, slings, ammunition, bipods, sand socks, and ruck sacks.
- Recommended: Class will be held in field conditions so plan and be prepared for the unpredictable weather. Suggested packing list includes, but is not limited to: Shooting sticks or equivalent, sun screen, water, food, gloves, layered clothing, baseball or boonie cap, rain gear, knee and elbow pads, etc. Seating is limited & capped based on first come, first serve via website enrollments.
- COST: $995
- Questions or Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (910) 257-0848
- DATES: Calendar
- LOCATION: Blue Steel Ranch, Logan NM (students will be sent directions prior to the course)
* Tuition INCLUDES all range fees and instruction
On-site housing is available for training at the Blue Steel Ranch (Logan, NM) Bunk House for $200 per shooter for the duration of the 3 day class (Thursday 6PM through 5PM Sunday). If you are interested in staying at the bunk house, please coordinate this with us prior to training. Email email@example.com or 910-257-0848.